Ahead of Earth Day on April 22nd, this week the Nolcha Shows team will be highlighting fair trade designers and eco friendly brands that make a positive impact on our world.
1. Jody Bell: As a charity founder and philanthropist Jody has strong feelings about Fair Trade and sustainability and produces clothes that not only look good but importantly allow women to feel good about themselves when they wear them. As she says, “It is possible to be fashionable and also support sustainability.” Jody Bell utilises local resources in Northern Costa Blanca where her garments, hats and bags are made. She supports and encourages local artisans and small factory owners to produce her beautiful pieces. There is no global supply chain. The textiles are locally produced, only the lace and tassels are sourced overseas. Jody is committed to investing in community and is dedicated to lowering the carbon footprint. Jody ensures that fair labour practices are employed at the factories and small friendly family workshops that produce her pieces, visiting them 2 or 3 times a week to develop good personal relationships, involve the artisans as much as possible in the fabrication process and ensure that all those producing her collection are happy and treated fairly
2. Lemuel MC: This scarf is handmade in London with love and attention to detail and is constructed from the highest quality deadstock; materials that luxury brands would otherwise waste, 100% Baltic linen. Sustainability does not mean compromise or sacrifice and this scarf is elegant in design, soft to the touch and proves just that.
3. Zao Organic: This eco-luxury makeup brand made in Italy from 100% natural origin go way beyond just organic. This lipstick is organic, chemical-free, cruelty-free, gluten-free and vegan! The matte, velvety texture provides a perfect chic smile in the color of your choice. This lipstick is truly matte and truly moisturizing – unlike many matte lipsticks which can be drying.
4. Michelle Pajak-Reynolds: Michelle Pajak-Reynolds believes that producing well-crafted designs using responsibly sourced materials that last is something any designer can offer the marketplace. This piece uses raw materials and oxidized recycled sterling silver from a very select US based suppliers.
5. Odylique: A perfect non-comedogenic skin wash! This Odyliqye face wash is sulphate-free yet leaves the skin scrupulously clean, smooth and refreshed. This balancing wash is particularly suited to normal to oily or acne-prone skin with its blend of organic essential oils including antibacterial tea tree for a fresh, unisex fragrance. Easily removes makeup.
6. Jess Rizzuti: Produced at a local manufacturer in her native New York, Jess is conscious of environmental impact and believes in exercising ethical practices. She earned a nomination three years in a row for her creations in cork as Best Green Handbag in the Independent Handbag Designer Awards sponsored by InStyle. The eco-friendly designs utilized water-based dyes and glue, heat-transferred patterns, renewable resources and waste-reducing concepts.
7. Mullein and Sparrow: A complete skincare kit featuring our Lemon Rose Face Wash, Calendula and Chamomile Toner and mini Immortelle & Myrrh Serum. All Mullein and Sparrow products are cruelty-free, vegan and hand made in NYC.
8. EL VOYAGE: EL VOYAGE weavings is a high end collection of handwoven scarves for the stylish shopper seeking individuality whilst empowering small, local producers to join in the global marketplace. The meticulously crafted weavings help the greater good through the belief of the art of living and giving.
Monday Must Haves is a weekly feature curated by the Nolcha team spotlighting cutting edge fashion designers and lifestyle brands; selected for a trendsetting, jetsetting demographic.
The award winning Nolcha Shows, dubbed the “hottest incubator for emerging design talent by Forbes, is held simultaneously with New York Fashion Week. Founded by Kerry Bannigan and Arthur Mandel the Nolcha Shows is established as the leading fashion week platform of independent fashion designer runway shows.
Contact email@example.com if you are interested to feature your fashion or lifestyle brand in the Nolcha Monday Must Haves.