Ahead of World Ocean Day, a global celebration on June 8 with hundreds of events around the world celebrating our ocean, the Nolcha Shows Monday Must Haves is focused on bringing you inspirational brands that are focusing on ocean conservation.
1. Ocean + Main: This elegant long tunic is a piece to see you through from this season to the next. Inspired by the ocean and made on Main Street, Ocean + Main create luxury caftans and tunics that are ethically made and locally sourced in Los Angeles. The brand uses zero water is used in the production of our garments! What’s not to love? www.oceanandmain.com
2. Sperry: The Sperry classic boat shoe gets a feminine twist with a sleek silhouette and slim outsole design. A comfort footbed supports the heel and arch, while a rubber outsole with razor-cut Wave-Siping™ disperses water for better grip on wet surfaces. Durable leather and textile uppers feature canvas panels for style that takes you from high seas to high street. www.sperry.com
3. Norton Point: Throw some serious shade this season with must have sunglasses from Norton Point!
Norton Point was founded in 2015 by Rob Ianelli and Ryan Schoenike ( two long time college friends ) with a goal to make sustainable sunglasses from ocean plastic and plant based materials. With a successful launch of the first collection, Norton Point has quickly grown and evolved into a company focused on producing sustainable and environmentally conscious products that stand the test of time.
The brands passion and commitment to the ocean is at the core of their mission as they reinvest 5% of net profits into research, education and development efforts towards stemming the impact of ocean plastic. www.nortonpoint.com
4. Aethic: Protect your skin this summer with ocean friendly sunscreen courtesy of Aethic! It took the brand two years to develop and test a cream that is superb, safer and softer for your skin and the ocean and that will be appreciated by people like you. The entire finished product is ecocompatible. www.aethic.com
5. Sea Lily: A staple wardrobe piece for this season. Pair this white shirt dress with a pair of tan sandals for your brunch date, or pair with a pair of killer heels and hit the town!
In support of the important work underway to conserve our beautiful, essential ocean environment, Sea Lily is joining the effort by teaming up with non-for profit organizations that are dedicated to improve and save our oceans. Every stitch and every button of each Sea Lily purchase sees a portion of proceeds donated to ocean conservation and stewardship. We invite Sea Lily fans and family to join us in the quest to preserve ocean environments through Sea Lily garments, providing beauty all around, for both you, and the ocean. www.sealily.com
6. Blakkfinn & Co: Here’s one for the fashion conscious man and we simply cannot resist! Blakkfinn & Co. is committed to providing consumers from around the world with shorts that epitomize comfort and style while supporting environmental sustainability. Blakkfinn & Co. loves our oceans our ocean, when you purchase a pair of Blakkfinn shorts they donate a portion of profits to the Oceanic Society. Blakkfinn & Co. is using fashion to help leave our oceans better than we found them! www.blakkfinnandco.com/
7. Waterlust: Waterlust products are 100% environmentally friendly and 100% fashion! The products are made from 86% Repreve® RPET (recycled polyester), 14% lycra, giving 10 post-consumer plastic bottles a positive future (NICE!). The products are resilient 4-way stretch and recovery for superior shape retention. We’re talking to you yogis! 10% of profits from your purchase will go to the Marine Megafauna Foundation. www.waterlust.com/
Monday Must Haves is a weekly feature curated by the Nolcha team spotlighting cutting edge fashion designers and lifestyle brands; selected for a trendsetting, jetsetting demographic.
The award winning Nolcha Shows, dubbed the “hottest incubator for emerging design talent by Forbes, is held simultaneously with New York Fashion Week. Founded by Kerry Bannigan and Arthur Mandel the Nolcha Shows is established as the leading fashion week platform of independent fashion designer runway shows.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to feature your fashion or lifestyle brand in the Nolcha Monday Must Haves.