In honor of Earth Day, this weeks Nolcha Shows Monday Must Haves is dedicated to all things Eco! From independent designers to beauty brands, we have everything an Eco Queen could possibly need.
1. Orgotton: Make a statement this season with a wide leg jumpsuit from Orgotton. This wide leg, plunging v-neck jumpsuit channels a ’70’s favorite in a modern way. Pair with flats for a relaxed vibe or stiletto’s and get ready to strike a pose.
Ethical practices, organic fabrics, and local production are at the heart of Orgotton’s mission. The brand focus on local production in Philadelphia that allows them to support local cut and sew manufacturers. They also make sure to use the best quality eco-friendly fabrics for all of our clothing. The brand use a blend of Organic Cotton, Bamboo, and Spandex that is Made in the USA. Orgotton want to go back to a time where clothing was made to last and transcend time. The handcrafted and local part of the process is so important; not only for the quality, but also for the support they are giving to the local economy in Philadelphia. www.orgotton.com
2. 100% Pure: Founded in a Napa, California farmhouse in 2005 and now based in Silicon Valley, 100% PURE® is an organic cosmetics beauty firm focused on providing healthy skin care, color cosmetics plus bath and body products. Completely free of all harmful toxins, 100% PURE® is a healthy and pure line of nourishing personal care items made only with the highest quality ingredients. 100% natural and 100% cruelty-free, all products are completely, 100% free of artificial colors, artificial fragrances, synthetic chemical preservatives and all other toxins. Beauty, as pure as it is powerful. Truly, health food for your skin.
Cocoa Butter Semi-Matte Lipstick: Prickly Pear – Prickly Pear, a vibrant coral pink, semi-matte, opaque, & long-wearing lipstick. 100% PURE’s innovative all-natural formula ensures your lip color always looks vibrant, rich and full, never dry. Formulated with healthy fruit pigments and a nourishing blend of cocoa butter, shea butter and vitamin E to moisturize while providing intensely rich color.
All Over Glow: Lightly Sun Kissed – Sunny days are almost here, get that sun kissed glow with this bronzing illuminizer with light reflective, golden pigments to give your skin a healthy, sun kissed glow. A beach essential!
Fruit Pigmented Eye Shadow: Quartz – Quartz: a sparkly copper brown mauve. A glamorous, cocktail inspired eye shadow color to make you sparkle and shine! This eye shadow is colored with antioxidant and vitamin rich fruit pigments instead of minerals or synthetic dyes. www.100percentpure.com
3. Monkee Genes: Monkee Genes was born in 2006 out of the frustration of the denim market, to offer something fresh vibrant and youthful. Disillusioned with Primark and other disposable high street fashion, the Monkee Genes team decided to raise public consciousness. Innovative fits and styles in top of the range fabrics, classic denim with a retro twist and luscious sateen cottons in pop art inspired colors. In today’s fragile environment Monkee Genes is the independent label to watch: on trend, affordable and with an eco and ethical conscience.
Introducing the women’s black jet zipper skinny fit jeans in Monkee Genes exclusive Organic Flex denim, a true staple piece for your wardrobe. Team with a fierce pair of color popping ankle boots and own the season in style. www.monkeegenes.com
4. FruitenVeg: This ones for the animal lovers and you can count us in! Introducing FruitenVeg, a newly launched label of vibrant and playful handbags made of premium faux fur and eco leather from NYC.
The GEMA clutch from FruitenVeg is crafted of various black faux exotic skins and fitted with an adjustable wristlet strap embellished with black ‘floating’ rhinestones. It’s perfectly proportioned to carry your IPad, cell phone, and other essentials at daytime or evening events. We’re huge fans of this animal friendly clutch! www.fruitenveg.com/
5. Puriskin: We cannot get enough of natural skincare and PuriSkin products have won us over. Each Puriskin formulation is designed with the holistic principles of complementary medicine, harnessing the natural potency of plant-based actives which function in harmony with and support the body’s protective activities. Puriskin products are ethically made, against animal testing and are all paraben free.
Puriskin Lip Soothe is an everyday formulation to support lip moisture balance. Formulated with nourishing shea butter, enriched with natural Vitamin E for anti-age defense and immune-boosting protection against the elements. Available as an unscented Classic Lip Soothe or as a lightly aromatic balm fortified with natural essential oil options of Mandarin, Lavender, Lime and Peppermint.
Puriskin Resurfacing Cream is a deeply calming formulation for normal to dry skins designed for the smoothing of unsightly blemishes, marks and surface damage such as stretch marks, acne scars and keloid scars as well as rough, chapped hands. The active botanical of chamomile brings anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory support to the membrane strengthening and cell-renewing benefits of vitamin B5 and Tigergrass respectively. www.puriskinbyvb.com
6. Yull: This season’s hottest colors all packed perfectly in two one killer pair of shoes? Yes please! These shoes are made to make heads turn.
Sarah Watkinson-Yull started Yull in 2011 whilst at university in London. Yull received funding from the Prince’s Trust to set up manufacturing for high heels in the UK and is one of the only independent shoe brands manufacturing high heels in Britain. When industry experts told the brand that it wasn’t possible to make high heels in the UK, they never gave up and are proud of their efforts to have made it happen and to change people’s mentalities. www.yull.co.uk
7. EL VOYAGE: A go to whatever the weather…beautiful and delicate; this EL VOYAGE weaving is an explosion of color and pattern waiting to add color to your journey. EL VOYAGE feature a selection of woven accessories, leather goods and coffee from artisans around the world. Producers are carefully selected to help support emerging economies, and also to bring local, traditional expertise to a global community. Each product tells its own story…one you can explore, enjoy and make all your own. www.elvoyage.com/
8. Toulou Organics: Toulou Organics Skincare source certified organic ingredients from around the globe. Where organic is not an option they use cold-pressed and wild-crafted ingredients. Why? Because they retain their vitamins, essential fatty acids, minerals etc; after harvest.
Chamomile Flower Water – Chamomile flower water is harmonising, peaceful and soothing to the spirit. It gently tones and soothes dry, sensitive and irritated skin.
‘Rejuvenating’ Moringa Seed Oil & Camellia – exceptional anti-ageing properties achieved from a potent blend of antioxidants, essential fatty acids; Vitamins A & C, and Green Tea extracts. It is measured to be the answer to radiant, hydrated and supple skin. www.toulouorganicsltd.com
9. Fair Anita: Fair Anita was built on a vision, one where women and girls can grow up feeling safe, respected, and valued no matter their geography. Fair Anita is a social enterprise that exists to create opportunities for women and girls, selling trendy (and affordable!) fair trade products made by over 8,000 talented yet marginalized women in 16 countries. In other words, we are women investing in other women.
In 16 countries and counting, Fair Anita partner with female artisan collectives and provide them with fair wages, long-term employment and business development opportunities. By paying artisans at least three-times the minimum wage, they generate income for women that helps them respond to violent gender dynamics in their community.
The Anthea Cuff from Fair Anita is made fair trade by women in India and makes a strong style statement. With its simple design and beautiful form, the Athena Cuff will add a polished shine to any look. Wear this cuff to access your own strong, independent inner-Athena. www.fairanita.com/
10. MOA London: MOA create natural skin care products, made in England, inspired by old herbal folklore and with a sprinkling of magic!
The MOA facial gift set contains Daily Cleansing Ritual, a hot cloth cleansing kit to naturally balance the skin and Aphrodite Facial Oil, a beautiful blend of rosehip, Damask rose and rose geranium essential oils to protect and moisturize the face and for a truly radiant complexion. It makes a beautiful gift for any loved one, or an extra special treat just for you! www.moa.london/
Monday Must Haves is a weekly feature curated by the Nolcha team spotlighting cutting edge fashion designers and lifestyle brands; selected for a trendsetting, jetsetting demographic.
The award winning Nolcha Shows, dubbed the “hottest incubator for emerging design talent by Forbes, is held simultaneously with New York Fashion Week. Founded by Kerry Bannigan and Arthur Mandel the Nolcha Shows is established as the leading fashion week platform of independent fashion designer runway shows.
Contact email@example.com if you are interested to feature your fashion or lifestyle brand in the Nolcha Monday Must Haves.