Summer is well and truly upon us and this week the Nolcha Shows Monday Must Haves is all about Summer Essentials from our favorite independent designers and brands.
1. Eki Orleans: Let this beautiful lime coloured silk number do the talking with its enchanting red back zip. The designer worked with Adinkra symbols, which are symbols with deeply enrooted West African meanings. Here she used 3 symbols. ‘Mate Masie’ – symbol of wisdom and knowledge. ‘Onyankopon Adom Nti Biribiara Beye Yie’ – By God’s grace all will be well. ‘Dwennimmen’ – Symbol of humility. It’s beautiful colors and lightweight material make it the perfect piece for summer. www.ekiorleans.com
2. Ruche Hues: Reminiscing the classic era, this vintage messenger is a must-have! Embellished with black and gold glass beads and crystals on royal blue fabric, it compliments the look from the time of queens with high-raised hair, curls, gowns and capes. The royalty is flowing through the design and its colors – its oh-so-queen-like! Hang it on your arm while you dress up for a perfect classic evening! www.ruchehues.com
3. Bill Skinner: Add a touch of summer to any style with this striking honey comb pendant has quickly become a Bill Skinner classic. Beautifully carved and utterly unique the honey comb orb is suspended on a 80cm belcher chain with a 5cm extender. www.billskinnerstudio.com
4. Timeless Junk: A summer style must have! Add elegance and style to your summer wardrobe with this Timeless Junk beaded bracelet. www.timelessjunk.co.uk
5. Bhava Studio: The Sara slip-on features Bhava’s mini-wedge wood heel. Casual enough for the beach, but equally perfect with a breezy Summer dress. Bhava’s dedication to style is matched by a commitment to sustainability with organic ayurvedic dyed cotton footbed, Japanese recycled ECO-LUX Ultrasuede outer, reclaimed wood heels, and 100% animal free components! www.bhavastudio.com
6. HollyBeth Organics: This gift set from HollyBeth Organics features sample sizes of brand staples Rose Geranium Face Moisturizer, Grits & Honey Scrub, Lavender Hand Cream, Lemon Lime Shea Butter Cream, and Eye Cream. Designed as a convenient one-month’s supply they’re the perfect sizes for traveling and everything you need to get you your skin glowing for Summer. www.hollybethorganics.com
7. Label & Thread: Catching a flight, lounging by the pool or strolling along the beach…whatever you have planned for the summer pop this V neck tee shirt made with Peruvian pima cotton, garment dyed for optimal color, featuring L+t signature stitch details on your must have list! www.labelandthread.com
8. Aromaflage: This spa like scent from Aromaflage has notes of spicy cardamom, warm cedar wood and snappy spruce. This fine fragrance also repels insects! www.aromaflage.com
9. Just Neem: This award-winning facial mask is an all natural solution for a clear and vibrant complexion. The high-quality French Green Clay is mixed in a hydrating lotion base, which balances out the clay’s drying tendencies. The Neem Clay Mask’s soothing properties calm the skin, and its antimicrobial properties deal with any underlying root causes. The combination of Neem’s soothing antihistamines, powerful antimicrobial properties, and high levels of Vitamin E make it an amazing botanical solution for clear, vibrant and healthy skin. www.justneem.com
10. MIA Shoes: Summer is upon us and we can’t wait for the season ahead thanks to MIA Shoes. The MIA Heritage Lilli guarantees day long comfort with its multi-strap support. Teamed with denim shorts and a striped tank their perfect for hitting the town on those hot summer days! www.miashoes.com
Monday Must Haves is a weekly feature curated by the Nolcha team spotlighting cutting edge fashion designers and lifestyle brands; selected for a trendsetting, jetsetting demographic.
The award winning Nolcha Shows, dubbed the “hottest incubator for emerging design talent” by Forbes, is held simultaneously with New York Fashion Week. Founded by Kerry Bannigan and Arthur Mandel the Nolcha Shows is established as the leading fashion week platform of independent fashion designer runway shows.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested to feature your fashion or lifestyle brand in the Nolcha Monday Must Haves.